Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jumbo Corn Burger

OK - so the first meal I ever made after Randy and I got married almost 34 years ago was called "Jumbo Corn Burger".  I got it out of a cookbook of sorts - something someone cut out of "Reader's Digest" and stapled together for me as a young bride. I think it was titled "50 Ways to Cook Hamburger Meat".  Anyway I had very little cooking experience and didn't know one needed to drain grease prior to baking. So when "Jumbo Corn Burger" made it to the table and we made the initial slice, hot orange liquid shot across the table. 

We ordered pizza.

Just found this recipe on cooks.com..

Jumbo Corn Burger

1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
2 eggs
1/2 can tomato sauce (reserve 1/2)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 
1/2 c. crackers, crumbled
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sage

Spread half mixture in pan, top with small can corn. Spread other half of mixture; top with reserved tomato sauce. Bake in 375 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.


No comments: